CONDITIONS OF HIRE
• All costumes must be stored in a secure area before, during and after each performance.
• The costumes are only to be used for the agreed purpose during the production term.
• All reasonable care should be taken to preserve the costumes in their pre-hire state.
• QM Design will undertake all cleaning.
• Any damage or loss will be charged at the full repair or replacement cost + 5%.
• The hirer is fully responsible for all hire items during the term of hire.
• All items should be returned as agreed in the contract of hire.
• For firearms please see separate guidance page in WEAPONS RELATED section as to the use and storage of all weapons.
The use of deactivated and replica firearms must always be treated with due caution. Therefore we insist that they should only used under the supervision of a responsible adult.
They are to be used only for the agreed purpose and should be stored in a secure, locked place when not in use. If a container is supplied, they should also remain within the storage container when not in use.
They should never be carried on the street or in the public domain, pointed at anyone, hidden on your person or left carelessly on view.
The carrying, handling or brandishing in public of any deactivated, replica or model that resembles a real weapon, is a violation of Section 19 of the Firearms Act 1968, which states that;
A person commits an offence if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on him) he has with him in a public place
- a loaded shot gun,
- an air weapon (whether loaded or not),
- any other firearm (whether loaded or not) together with ammunition suitable for use in that firearm, or
- an imitation firearm.
Please read and follow the above advice and instructions without deviation.
Failure to do so will invalidate your organization from future contracts with the company.